Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Dwhite112
Follower
Follower
I have arlo pro I have it set to record for the 300 seconds settings but still records for most of the time 10 seconds
4 REPLIES 4
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Perhaps you're missing the critical part about clicking SAVE when you make the change to the recording time or motion sensitivity??

If you want to record til motion stops, that's a different check box to tick in the recording setting. Again, don't forget to go back and then click the SAVE button

jtalbot13
Initiate
Initiate
I've had mixed results with this setting but my theory is that you have to create a brand new rule with the "record until activity stops." The majority of all my recordings with that setting using the "Armed" mode, are all 6 or 10 seconds. And that's what I initially picked when setting up the rule almost a year ago.

Give a new rule a shot and see what happens.
DuncanYB
Star
Star

I have it set to a fixed number of seconds for this reason. Also note that when you go to the live view the recording stops automatically and you need to click record manually if you want to capture what is happening.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Yes! That was the other issue from that thread the other week. Person gets notification of motion and opens app and hits Live view not realising that it cuts the recording off