How to record all day and night but only get motion/sound at night

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Edlozano11
Follower
Follower

I've recently purchased the Arlo Pro and recieved 6 cameras with it, I'm currently on the free plan but planning on getting the business advanced. But before I do so, I have some questions regarding that. 

Is there a way to have it recording 24/7 but get motion/sound alerts at night and during the weekdends? This is for a business set up, the work environment is very busy and will have people on site all day but would still like to have it recording then and not get notifications because of the movement. When people aren't here i would like to get motion/sound notifications during the night/weekend without sacrificing the spam of the notifications during the day.

I've considered the schedule setting but i'm not sure if it'll record 24/7 like i want while getting the motion at night. 

I would appreciate feed back, Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

No, The Pro cameras will NOT record 24/7.

You can armed them for 24/7 so that if they detect motion, it will record for the set time duration, but not continuous.

If you looking for a 24/7 record cameras, you can use a Q camera or a PRO2 camera both running on ac power and then pay for a CVR option... then it will record 24/7with the CVR.

As to alerts, you can basicly have them on or off, OR set up 2 modes the same except one has alerts... then use the schedule with the two different modes depending on what hours you want alerts

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------