Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to get continuous feed on my iPhone and iPad for Pro? Camera keeps stopping on live feed

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
KatieMcMamaBear
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have Arlo Pro cameras. I keep two outside and two in my children's rooms. I keep the cameras in my kids rooms streaming all night, acting like a baby monitor. However, I have had numerous days where the live feed just completely stops. Sometimes both cameras stop streaming, sometimes just one. I can't figure out why. Anyone have this and know how to make sure I get a continuous feed- it happens both on my iPhone and iPad. Also, anyone use the Arlo baby monitor? What are the advantages of this over just using the camera? Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Pro. and Pro2 cameras will not stream all the time ( exception is with the paid cvr option and powered by ac ).

They all time out at about 30 mins... this is hard coded into the FW due to if on batteries, they don't want it to drain down completely if left on

Only the Baby does not time out by design , tho at last check the Q cameras ran for at least 2-3 hrs. ( unsure about the Q lately and how long it will stream now )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
KatieMcMamaBear
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the response!  I have my kid's cameras plugged in so they are constantly charging.  More times than not, I can get the live feed all night, but I think you're saying that is not expected behavior.  Is that correct?

Thanks again!

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

correct.... most of the time it will stop after aprox 30 mins

Morse is faster than texting!