Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to configure a My Home mode

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
ETEmerson
Initiate
Initiate

I have just installed an Arlo Pro system with 3 cameras. I'm using Geofencing to activate or deactivate (great feature).  While away from home all cameras are active but while at home I need each of the 3 cameras to be configured as follows:

Camera A (Front Door) - Active

Camera B (Living Room) - Inactive

Camera C (Back Door) - Active only between 11:00 PM and 8:00 AM.

I would think that I could simply create a new mode entitled My Home (configured as shown above) and then select that when I configure Geofencing. Alas after hours of reading in this community and viewing Youtube videos I have not come up with the answer. Surely this is possible. Any help would be great appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
steve_t
Master Master
Master

You'll need set up 2 custom modes. For example

1st mode - Home Day - Cam A records on motion. Cam B has no rule made for it. Cam C has no rule made for it
2nd mode - Home Night - Cam A records on motion. Cam B has no rule. Cam C records on motion

Edit the Schedule - From midnight til 8am put in Home Night. From 8am-11pm put in Home Day. From 11pm-12am put in Home Night again.

Edit the Geofencing (on phone only) - When you are away from home, set mode to Armed.
When you are home, set mode to Schedule

Using phone, set the Arlo system to Geofencing mode.

Hope that makes sense

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
steve_t
Master Master
Master

You'll need set up 2 custom modes. For example

1st mode - Home Day - Cam A records on motion. Cam B has no rule made for it. Cam C has no rule made for it
2nd mode - Home Night - Cam A records on motion. Cam B has no rule. Cam C records on motion

Edit the Schedule - From midnight til 8am put in Home Night. From 8am-11pm put in Home Day. From 11pm-12am put in Home Night again.

Edit the Geofencing (on phone only) - When you are away from home, set mode to Armed.
When you are home, set mode to Schedule

Using phone, set the Arlo system to Geofencing mode.

Hope that makes sense

ETEmerson
Initiate
Initiate

Excellent answer Steve! Having now gone through the steps you suggested it makes a lot more sense.