Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to activate systems installed by previous owner?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
dgotte
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried on and off for a couple of months of attempting to set up the system which was previously installed by the former owner of the house we bought. I haven't had any success. I have had a continued blinking orange light on my base station, a doorbell that no longer works because I did a factory reset, and cameras that aren't working. I'm terrible with setting up technology, and this doesn't seem too difficult, but I'm really struggling. Any help would be great. Even better would be for someone in Miami to swing over & help me out in person. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

You will first need to factory reset and onboard the base station to a new account. You can find information on how to do that here: https://kb.arlo.com/1057976/How-can-I-reset-my-Arlo-SmartHub-or-base-station-to-the-default-values

After the reset is complete and the base station is associated with the new account, you can start syncing the cameras. Depending on which model cameras you have, those too may need factory resets. For more information on resetting cameras see here: https://kb.arlo.com/de/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera

JamesC

dgotte
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. Any idea if I can activate cameras only without purchasing a subscription?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@dgotte wrote:

Thank you. Any idea if I can activate cameras only without purchasing a subscription?

You can install them without a subscription.  

What features you will get w/o one depends on the camera model.  The Pro and Pro 2 would have 7-day cloud storage, the pro 3, pro 4, pro 5s need a subscription for that.

If you have an Arlo hub, the details also depend on what model hub you have.  Look for a VMBxxxx label on the hub.

If you aren't sure what camera model(s) you have:

• if you have models with a removable battery, then take the cameras out of the housing and remove the battery.  There is a label inside.
  • If the camera(s) are fully sealed, then look carefully around the charging port.  There should be a (faint) model number there.