Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How does the Arlo Free cloud recording license works with 2 bases

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
pplebel
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

I already have a the Arlo Pro VMS4430 (4 cameras) for the home and I am planning on buying another kit for the cottage Arlo Pro 2 VMS4630P (6 Cameras). So I was wondeing how the free cloud recording license is working. Do I get a total of 5 cameras per account (by email address) or per base? In exemple, under the same acount (email address) do I get free recording for 5 cameras for my base at home and 5 free cameras for the base at the cottage for a total of 10, or since I am having both bases under the same account I am getting only recording for 5 cameras total for both bases?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Yes - in fact the 6 camera set requires a brand new account to get all 6 to be available. Otherwise you get stuck with the normal 5 camera restriction. Use Settings, Grant Access from the new account to the original so all cameras are seen in one login.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The number of bases and locations is irrelevant. It's only the total number of cameras per account.
pplebel
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you @jguerdatj for your reply.

So if I understand correctly, what you are saying is I am getting free recording/storage for 5 cameras per account. So it would be better to create a second account for my cottage so I can get 5 the free recording for that base. Am I correct?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Yes - in fact the 6 camera set requires a brand new account to get all 6 to be available. Otherwise you get stuck with the normal 5 camera restriction. Use Settings, Grant Access from the new account to the original so all cameras are seen in one login.
pplebel
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you!