Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

How do I permanently default audio off on my cameras?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
mkkt
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have had my Arlo Pro for many years. I won't recommend this camera brand anymore because as of Oct. 2021 it is impossible to chat or phone anyone at Arlo without a subscription. I find this as rude to treat a past customer. 

I am trying to find out how I could permanently default to audio off on my cameras to avoid them linking with any speaker I have automatically. I don't want to each time click on the audio off as I view my cameras live. Which I do often. 

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mkkt wrote:

I am trying to find out how I could permanently default to audio off on my cameras to avoid them linking with any speaker I have automatically. I don't want to each time click on the audio off as I view my cameras live. Which I do often. 

If you don't want audio in the recordings either, then there is a microphone setting (in audio settings) that you can turn off.

I don't know of any way to automatically turn off the microphone in livestreaming but leave it on in the recordings.

mkkt
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the information. However, I did know about the microphone option in settings. But that is not what I am looking for. If I understand it correctly, the microphone setting is enabling to use the camera as a microphone. I don't want to disable the audio entirely. 

I simply want to have the audio (which could transmit to any bluetooth speaker I have currently connected) to automatically be turned off when I turn on my camera to live stream (which I do a lot). It should have a default setting on preference. Then, if I need the audio on, I could simply tap it on. 

Many times it plays on my bluetooth speaker further away because it picks up any audio from us talking close to the camera, if I don't catch it in time to turn off the audio on the live stream. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

If the Pro camera is playing thru your BT speakers.... then it is a setting in YOUR phone not the camera.

The camera DOES NOT have the option for BT out

Simple solution is to turn off the BT in your phone or have the phone opt out of the BT speakers connection

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mkkt wrote:

But that is not what I am looking for. If I understand it correctly, the microphone setting is enabling to use the camera as a microphone. I don't want to disable the audio entirely. 

I was thinking that might be the case, but still thought I should point it out.

I do get the use case - livestreaming or even playing a video from the library will interrupt whatever else is playing on the speaker, which can be annoying. A user preference in this area would be nice.  But unforunately there is none.