Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How do I keep geofencing active in addition to other modes that I setup?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Sails
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I leave my house the system automatically reverts to geofencing. How do I keep geofencing active in addition to other modes that I setup? The system only allows you to select one option (i.e. Geofencing or a single mode).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
watchdog99
Luminary
Luminary
the system allows 1 mode to be active at a time. what are you trying to accomplish.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
watchdog99
Luminary
Luminary
the system allows 1 mode to be active at a time. what are you trying to accomplish.
Sails
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have two cameras in front of my house - one aimed at my driveway and the other on my porch aimed at the steps.

Since the delay time between movement and recording is up to 5 seconds in delay, I wanted the driveway camera to initate recording on the porch camera when the driveway camera senses motion.  This way I can get a video of the front side of the person approaching my front door rather than the backside after they have taken any packages on the porch left by FedEx.

Rgds

watchdog99
Luminary
Luminary
go into your armed mode and change the rule for the cameras for this to occur.
Sails
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks.

One more question:

Since the driveway camera is signalling the porch camera to start recording when the driveway camera senses motion, does the driveway camera also record?

Rgds

watchdog99
Luminary
Luminary
when you told the driveway camera upon sensing motion to "activate porch camera" thats what it will do. you have to create a mode and create the rules for what you want each camera to record. there may be other ways but this has worked for me.