Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How do I control the siren volume on my Arlo Pro?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Cosmo21
Tutor
Tutor

I just bought my Arlo Pro system with 2 cameras today at Sam's Club. It's supposed to take 20 minutes to set up, but I've spent several hours on this and I'm still having problems. My current problem is that I cannot determine how to adjust the volume on the siren. On my PC, I go to "Mode," then "Armed," but cannot find any volume control. Contrary to what the company says, in "Edit" Mode there is no slider for "Siren Duration" or "Siren Loudness." What am I doing wrong? Currently the siren is at full volume, which would make me or my cats deaf. By the way, I cannot find any siren duration or loudness sliders on my Android app either. Can someone help? 

1 REPLY 1
brh
Master
Master

@Cosmo21 

This can be a little confusing. Firstly, if you go to Settings > My Devices, it will appear that there are two base stations one above the other. The lower one is the siren and I would recommend renaming it to indicate that it is a siren and not a second base station.

The next thing to decide is whether or not you want the siren to activate if motion or sound is detected or if you want to activate it manually. 

In the web client, if you want to activate the siren when you detect motion or sound from a particular camera, go to Mode > Armed and select the rule for the camera that you want to activate the siren for. In that rule at the bottom of the page, you will see a button that says Add Device, click on it and add the siren from the provided list. From there you can adjust the duration and volume.

Personally, I did not add the camera to the rules for any camera, but prefer to activate it manually as I have had a lot of false alarms.

Brian