Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 9 In Conversation
beach326
Follower
Follower

I saw on a Ytube video that I  could change the recording time of my Arlo pro motion detected camera. I do not see that function on my app. Thank you for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
lostchild
Apprentice
Apprentice

Mode Tab

Armed >

Camera Edit

Record Video >

Change the time

Hit the Back button

Scroll all the way down to the bottom

Hit Save

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
lostchild
Apprentice
Apprentice

Mode Tab

Armed >

Camera Edit

Record Video >

Change the time

Hit the Back button

Scroll all the way down to the bottom

Hit Save

Yatin
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried the 'Record until activity stops (up to 300 sec)' but it still records only 9 seconds. Can someone help?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Right now that's not working.  All you can do at the moment is to increase the recording time statically.

Yatin
Aspirant
Aspirant

That makes sense. Because even though I have it set at continous recording until motion continues it only records for a pre-determined time (earlier setting before I changed it to continous recording).

JTRAN80
Guide
Guide

I can move the slider to adjust the recording lengthy, but there is no save button. Anyone have a fix?

Yatin
Aspirant
Aspirant

just hit the back button and there should be a save button on that page. I know its not intutive but that's how it works.

pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
It's Grey out I can't change the time 10-120 the slider bar.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try both the app and a browser.  If it works in one, the issue is with the other.  I'd guess you're using the app so go into the phone settings for the Arlo app, force stop, clear the cache (not data) and try again.  If still an issue, reinstall the app.  WHat device and OS if still having problems?

CCSharp
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have the same problem on 2 out of 3 cameras I am running. Cannot slide the time change over it is he eyed out.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CCSharp.

Are you using the mobile app or web browser when experiencing this issue? Consider trying from a different device/browser to see if you get the same results.

JamesC

pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
Mobile app
Ageigan
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can not figure out how to change the 10 sec video length I have the arlo smart 1080 Can anyone help ?
pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
It's a serous glitch on recording time 10s 120 on mobile app
pcuser12345
Apprentice
Apprentice
Have to use a computer or laptop to change the recording time on web browser on mobile app is very buggy
Ageigan
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, I do not see an option for camera edit while using the app
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Just like the browser. Mode tab, click on your base, edit your modes (Armed by default). All settings are in there.