Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
alcat
Luminary
Luminary

When browsing videos in the library there is no indication of which camera the video is associated with. I am using 4 Arlo cameras for outdoor nighttime recording and it's not always obvious which camera recorded an outdoor activity. I am having this issue with Safari on MAC OS X and all iOS devices. However on Apple TV Gen 4 the Arlo app does show the camera name along with the video. I am pretty sure (maybe I am wrong) this use to work in iOS. Any way to do what I want?

thanks

Al

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't see the camera name on PC, IOS, Or android... ( when flipping thru library as you say ) Don't remember if was previously there.

But there are two way to pick cameras... One, use the FILTER to select a certain camera or From the LIVE view screen, click on the circle which contains # of new videos ( if any ) and thet will auto filter for that camera

When filtered, the name of camera is posted by the filter symbol

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't see the camera name on PC, IOS, Or android... ( when flipping thru library as you say ) Don't remember if was previously there.

But there are two way to pick cameras... One, use the FILTER to select a certain camera or From the LIVE view screen, click on the circle which contains # of new videos ( if any ) and thet will auto filter for that camera

When filtered, the name of camera is posted by the filter symbol

Morse is faster than texting!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I just verified this on both the Android app as well as a W10 PC with Chrome and Firefox.  I don't recall whether this was ever the case but at least currently there's no camera name in the library.

alcat
Luminary
Luminary

thanks to tommac and jguedat for speedy replies. Wish I could select both as the answer. But at least I know this is not me only. 

I do think NetGear should change the app to do this

thanks again

Al