Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How can I extend the reception range from my Arlo base station?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Arlonewbee
Follower
Follower

How can I extend the reception range from my Arlo base station? I lose connection very easily. I have moved base station into a open area so that it is not blocked or obstructed. However, I lose rection when I place it in a room just down the hall.

Are their software extension settings or is there a way to tie camera into my Apple Airport system which runs throughout my home?

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Arlo Pro must connect to the base, it will not talk/connect to any other router/system.

The only way to really expand the range of the Pros is but actually using a second base unit.... range is very subjective base on what the signal travels thru just like any other wifi

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
nutsyboltsy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi TomMac,
You've posted to a few threads here that there's no way to extend the range of an arlo pro other than setting up a second base station. Several other threads, however, state that an extender can be used provided that it can be connected via Ethernet cable directly to the base station. Do you disagree with those posts? Are you saying that even if one were to connect a base station to an extender via Ethernet cable that this configuration still would not extend the range of the arlo pro?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The use of a WiFi extender is to allow the repositioning of the base.  There's no way to extend the connection between the base and cameras but the use of a WiFi extender with an Ethernet port can allow you to position the base more favorably to enhance the connection to the cameras.