Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

House power lost for 2 minutes & now can’t get Internet connection

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Bigeocain
Aspirant
Aspirant
4 REPLIES 4
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Bigeocain

Can you provide a little more detail within the subject line?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A quick thing to do is to turn your modem, router and base off and then turn them back on, in that order. Let each fully initialize before going to the next device.

Bigeocain
Aspirant
Aspirant

When power came back, I tried to access the cameras, and each one said “Not connected to Internet”  I unplugged from modom & power then pluged back in, and still didn’t work, so then I did the “ Reset to Factory Settings”. Then it says to log in to your Arlo account & click New to Arlo? But you lose the New to Arlo button when you log in! I have the cameras in house in case they have to sync . BTW.. the left & middle green lights are solid the one on right is Amber. ALSO, if you open New to Arlo and use your email it says there is a user already with that name! Ugh. I am ready to take back and forget it. I use a IPhone 7

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yer trying too hard. Now that you've reset at some level, do the whole thing. Remove all devices in Settings, My Devices. Use the Add Device selection in the Devices tab to claim the base. Sync your cameras.

In the future, do what I suggestedpreviously. Reboot the modem, router and base, in that order. Let each one finish initializing before moving to the next unit.