Home Geo fencing settings

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
afrikapit
Aspirant
Aspirant

From time to time the the Arlo app sends me a message saing "your home-geofencing settings have been changed, open the Arlo app to start synchronising". I ignored the message and it doesn't have to have any consequences. Why is this message coming again and how can I stop this?

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

afrikapit,

Does your mobile device have any battery saving settings enabled that put the app to sleep after it is idle?

JamesC

afrikapit
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi JamesC,

No. The battery saving settings are disabled. What else could it be?

I have another question. Since I have installed my camera the Arlo app was always up and running on my phone. I have checked that the Arlo app eats the majority of my battery ressorces. Must the Arlo app always be up and running or can I just close it in between.

afrikapit 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

afrikapit,

For Geofencing to work, the Arlo app must always be running. A new version of the Arlo mobile app is available for download from the Play Store. Please be sure to download and install the latest version. Are you still seeing this error message?

JamesC

afrikapit
Aspirant
Aspirant

JamesC,

Yes, I am still seeing the error message. It seems to have no consequences as the switching between home mode and away mode works fine. The message is annoying though and we would like to stop it.

Before I left home today I quit the Arlo app on my iPhone but even then Geofencing was working and the Arlo app swiched from home mode to away mode. I will test this again to be sure and let you know the result.

afrikapit