Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Help Adjusting Camera

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Trjohnson
Follower
Follower

I have tried adjusting my driveway camera multiple times now and still can not get it right. It will only pick up about 15 ft in front of the camera where I have it placed now. (not how I want it) it is mounted on my garage. If I adjust it just a little higher it will pick up the cars going down the road about 100ft away but nothing in my driveway. I really can't figure this out. And help?

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Read the FAQ here on best camera positioning. Motion should be across the FOV, not at the camera. Post a screenshot for suggestions.

You may also need to increase the sensitivity in your modes and rules. Read the FAQ here on how to do that.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@Trjohnson wrote:
I have tried adjusting my driveway camera multiple times now and still can not get it right. It will only pick up about 15 ft in front of the camera where I have it placed now. (not how I want it) it is mounted on my garage. If I adjust it just a little higher it will pick up the cars going down the road about 100ft away but nothing in my driveway. I really can't figure this out. And help?

As mentioned, check the FAQs as to placement and sense level.

The Pro/Pro2 cams sense people up to about 25ft with the PIR devcive.... cars at a greater distance due to reflection of IR.

Try not to cover and area greater than the camera can detect.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------