Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Urgent: Activate Two-Step Verification
Arlo requires all users to activate two-step verification by Oct 31st, 2020 to continue to access your recordings, devices, and account.
Please enable this feature now. Learn More.

Hard Drive Capacity Issue 160gb drive only showing 31.22mb

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am just setting up my Arlo Pro System.  I have a 160 G Hard Drive plugged into USB1.  Supposed to add months of storage backup.  On the "Devices" screen it only shows 31.22 MB of additional storage.  Even though it was a newly formatted drive, I followed the formatting steps on screen and still shows 31.22MB. How do I get the full capacity from my Hard Drive?

BTW, waited forever for Arlo Live Chat and finally gave up.  Tried the phone number posted and got a "Not Available" message...poor customer support!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

mrlsc1,

The Arlo Pro base station formats drives using FAT32 which supports up to a maximum of 2TB of storage space. Have you tried formatting the hard drive on a computer to see the available storage space? There could be an issue with the drive if only 31mb is available.

How do I set up local storage backups on a USB device using my Arlo Pro base station?

JamesC

Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James,

Yes, I reformatted the drive on my computer. It shows 145G available.  

What should I try next?

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

mrlsc1,

Alright, now try attaching it your Arlo Pro base station and follow the steps listed in the article I linked in my previous post.

JamesC