Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Received "You have been logged out because you are logged in other device" but I have 2FA enabled?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Albal233
Tutor
Tutor

Hello
“You have been logged out because you are logged in other device”

Well I am like how can that happens since I have a two factor verification enabled and received NO notification in regard. So I logged back in and I checked that option on my phone app again. Then something scary happened: when I tapped “edit” (on two-factor verification), someone else’s details appeared just before loading my details. I use an iPhone and those details were from someone using an android.
I Contacted arlo support but I don’t personally think they could either explain it or admit that my account was hacked. In past it had happened that I was logged out and didn’t pay much attention but, what has never happened is the I got logged out because I was logged in on an other device. My wife has two more (used) cameras set up earlier this week and I have access granted. That’s the only thing I can think of. But she never got logged out.
I am surprised that a security system like Arlo doesn’t have a log for account login and devices and also location.
I mean Gmail/Facebook/messenger/iTunes etc tells you where you and what device were logged in. Bit of a joke I guess considering that arlo product aren’t cheap! No log history how convenient huh!?
Any help or idea anyone?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Albal233
Tutor
Tutor
PS. If that’s the case that someone got into my account, possibly have all my details, viewed my library, maybe made changes as well. I thought Arlo was top brand in security, but maybe I should think again hey!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I can't explain this but the first thing to do is to change your password to something strong.

Albal233
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks for your reply. I did changed my emails and Arlo accounts passwords already. The previous passwords were complex.
I can’t understand why Arlo doesn’t have a account log history, that would have shown wether it was only a glitch or something more serious.
A disturbing experience.