Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

HELP…Not getting push notifications.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Apple1067
Aspirant
Aspirant

All of a sudden I can’t login to view my cameras on the app. It says it doesn’t recognize my device and sent a push notification but I don’t get anything. I’m getting notifications for my cameras detecting movement but can’t login to view. There is no support because I don’t have a subscription. 

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Apple1067 wrote:

All of a sudden I can’t login to view my cameras on the app. It says it doesn’t recognize my device and sent a push notification but I don’t get anything. I’m getting notifications for my cameras detecting movement but can’t login to view. There is no support because I don’t have a subscription. 

Can you switch to email verification after the first push notification fails?

Apple1067
Aspirant
Aspirant

No. I can’t get past that point. It only allows a push option. Can’t get in anywhere. Even tried computer. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Apple1067 wrote:

No. I can’t get past that point. It only allows a push option. Can’t get in anywhere. Even tried computer. 

Try again with my.arlo.com on the computer and wait for the push notification to time out.

You should see "Try Another Verification Method" at the bottom of the screen.  Click on that, and you should see the email option.

Apple1067
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have tried that way as well but I have not received any emails either. No push notifications on my phone either. It’s like they are not being sent. 

Apple1067
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok I finally got in on my computer. Thank you!!!!

How do I get back in on the app with my phone now?  I have no idea why this happened. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Apple1067 wrote:

Ok I finally got in on my computer. Thank you!!!!

How do I get back in on the app with my phone now?  I have no idea why this happened. 

Email verification should also be possible on the phone, but it is easier if you get the code from your PC (so you don't need to move off the app screen to get it).

Info on how to get your phone trusted again is here:

Maybe also add SMS as a method while you are at it.

Apple1067
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you!!