Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Granting Arlo access to a user who also uses Arlo

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Apprentice
Apprentice

Is there a problem with graning access to my Arlo cams to a person who also has Arlo cams? Do they use the same PW as their existing setup? Please explain. Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
steve_t
Master Master
Master

There shouldn't be a problem. When you grant them access, they'll see your cameras as well as their own cameras in their device list

CB17
Aspirant
Aspirant

P.S.A. - PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

I have an arlo home security camera outside due to vandalism/harassment. I have noticed that pertinent activity is curiously not motion captured by the camera. In other words, someone is able to arrange for the camera to behave differently than they are supposed to, thereby defeating the purpose of the camera. Moreover, this suggests that the 'rock solid' privacy / security is anything but. I actually raised the issue of hacking with an arlo rep over the phone when I first set up the video cameras. I was told it is almost impossible for the wifi video system to be hacked due to having extremely high security standards that are the same ones used for major banks. Am I having my video cameras and/or video camera recordings breached by a world famous hacker? By 'Anonymous'? Really?

This is a very serious issue and people need to know about it. Either a caption was deleted or the motion sensor was temporarily disabled. I have a video before an event. Then I have a video after the event. What's missing?! A video of the event. 

I can only work on the resulting presumption that Arlo wifi home security cameras are completely useless since a 'security' camera that can be hacked into is...NOT SECURE. 

Does Arlo have a response? Would Arlo like to look into the situation? I really hope so.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

You think Anonymous hacked you? Are you some sort of prominent public figure?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

CB17,

If you have any reason to believe someone may have access to your account without your permission, we recommend you change your password immediately.

Take a look here for more information: How do I change my Arlo password?

JamesC