Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Grant access keeps trying to reinstall arlo app

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Toddp1
Tutor
Tutor
When i invite a family member to have access to my camera i am having a problem. They get the link that is sent from my arlo app to them...in the invite email. The problem is when they click the link it wants to direct them to the play store to get the arlo app. The problem with this is that they already have the arlo app installed. They have it installed for their own cameras. It just keeps trying to make them install it again and they never get access. I dont want them to have to go to a web page for access. Am i doing something wrong or is this not working correct if someone already has the app?
Thank you
Todd
3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

They can use a computer to access the link or, on a phone, when given the "download the app" screen use the browser settings to use the desktop version of the site.

Toddp1
Tutor
Tutor
Sorry ....i want them to use that app but it does not work. They previously installed the app for thier own cameras and works for their cameras. Now i send them the invite to see my camera and the links in the invite just keeps trying to send them to app store. It can not see that the app is already installed. We do not want web page access......we just want to get this app access issue to work and use app access. Sorry if i am still not explaining it well.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

My point was that the invitation email uses a web link to follow to complete the process. You just need them to use the above suggestions to complete the invitation and everything will then work in the app.