Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Getting notifications frequently on Pro 2. Happens during daytime and tried changing location.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
grkadel
Aspirant
Aspirant

I get notifications every few seconds from my Arlo Pro 2 cameras for motion that did not occur. This has become annoying, and I have turned the cameras OFF. This happens mostly during the daytime, and rarely in the night. I have changed the camera locations, but still the same results. I am using 4 cameras. Has anybody had this issue and been able to solve? Thoughts appreciated. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Try removing the battery from your Arlo Pro 2 camera and then re-insert the battery back in. Also, try to clean the camera's motion sensor to see if that helps as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi grkadel,

Try changing the motion detection sensitivity to see if that helps. You can read here on how to change this: How do I change the motion sensitivity on my Arlo camera?

Feel free to use the motion detection test to make sure you're getting motion detection too: How do I use the motion detection test for my Arlo device?

grkadel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the suggestion. The motion sensitivity in them are now around 10-11%. Still the same issue. I see nothing in the video moving - not even the lawn grass, and yet I get the motion notification.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Try removing the battery from your Arlo Pro 2 camera and then re-insert the battery back in. Also, try to clean the camera's motion sensor to see if that helps as well.

grkadel
Aspirant
Aspirant

It worked in one of my cameras perfectly. The second one still is not sure.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

You may need to try rebooting your Base Station if the issue still persists. But before attempting to do that, try to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.