Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing works unreliably just a few days ago

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ysu
Luminary
Luminary

For last 3-4 months, geofencing worked quite well for me. I have me and my wife’s phone enabled for geofencing, so the cameras will arm when both of us leave home, and disarm when one of us arrives home. Worked very reliably.

From 3-4 days ago, geofencing suddenly worked very unreliably. Often the cameras are still armed when we get home, or disarmed when both leave. When I check the geofence devices list, one of our phones might show “out of zone” while we are in home, or “in zone” while not at home. So it’s out of sync.

I double checked everything including my home address and radius size in geofence settings. All looked intact from the days it worked. Also, this out of sync happened to both me and my wife’s phone, while at the same time, my other security camera (canary) works well and detects in/out correctly on both phones, so it’s unlikely that both of our phones are suddenly malfunctioning just for Arlo apps.

Did anyone else experience this? Any thoughts? Could it be netgear server?

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ysu,

Log in to your Arlo Account (the primary) and navigate to Mode > select your Arlo system > edit Geofencing > click "Enabled devices". Toggle all of the listed devices off and save. After you have finished saving, navigate back to "Enabled devices" and toggle all desired devices back on and save.

Do you still see the same behavior?

JamesC

cuelc001
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi - I have noticed this issue within the last few days. I restarted my phone, thinking that might be the issue. So I will be able to tell once I get home if this worked or not.

-c