Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing not working with 2 devices

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Proton68
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I've got 3 Arlo Pro connected to a base. I activated geofencing, shared the devices with my wife's phone, both phone have geolocalisation actived in the background for the Arlo app.

when I look at the settings, both phones are available.

however, when one of the phones is in the zone (see included picture), the system does not switch to deactivated and keeps sending notifications when movement is detected.

Did I forget something ?

best regards

LaurentIMG_0292.PNGIMG_0294.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Consider refreshing your enabled devices within Geofencing settings. Disable all listed devices, save and then enable the devices again.

Log in to your Arlo Account (the primary) and navigate to Mode > select your Arlo system > edit Geofencing > click "Enabled devices". Toggle all of the listed devices off and save. After you have finished saving, navigate back to "Enabled devices" and toggle all desired devices back on and save.

JamesC

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Consider refreshing your enabled devices within Geofencing settings. Disable all listed devices, save and then enable the devices again.

Log in to your Arlo Account (the primary) and navigate to Mode > select your Arlo system > edit Geofencing > click "Enabled devices". Toggle all of the listed devices off and save. After you have finished saving, navigate back to "Enabled devices" and toggle all desired devices back on and save.

JamesC

kxavier_23
Aspirant
Aspirant

Do you need to be logged into the same account on both devices or can the second device be logged into the, "Granted Access," account?

Proton68
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

The second device is logged with a granted access user

best regards

Laurent

kxavier_23
Aspirant
Aspirant

Nothing would show up logged in through that account so I logged in on the second device with the primary account.  When I go to the geo fencing option --> Devices, the second phone would show up for a partial second.  I was able to click on it and Save before it disappeared.  Now I show 2 devices on the overview screen, but if I go into the details, I cannot see the second device...

kxavier_23
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can not get the second device to show up in my geo coding selection.

I have tried steps I have seen on other posts around this topic as well.  Here is what I have tried.

1. Removing all devices from geo fencing, saving.

2. Closing app, and opening.

No change

1. Removing all device from geo fencing, saving.

2. Logging out of both devices entirely, re-logging in.

No change.

I even went as far as using a second email address for the second device (creating account etc).  Prior this process, I had removed all devices from geo fencing.

No change.

Given the price of these devices, this is pretty surprising.  Several other posts complain about the amount and speed of the support on this exact issue.  I can understand people can get frustrated, but this seems like a recurring issue.

I have updated both the hub and cameras to the latests firmware (before I attempted any of this).

kxavier_23
Aspirant
Aspirant

I solved this by removing a special character from the second device name.

I would seriously look into fixing the root cause of this issue though...

Rebru
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Geofencing worked perfect with 2 IPones 6 untill a few weeks ago. Since then the system is not working reliable anymore. Not always taking over that the phones are in or out the set area. I already tried all the tips given in te community but without succes.

It could be that the issue started with the software version 2.4.7 release date March 4th 2018.

Please advice

Rebru
Aspirant
Aspirant

My Geofencing worked perfect with 2 IPones 6 untill a few weeks ago. Since then the system is not working reliable anymore. Not always taking over that the phones are in or out the set area. I already tried all the tips given in te community but without succes.

It could be that the issue started with the software version 2.4.7 release date March 4th 2018.

Please advice

kxavier_23
Aspirant
Aspirant
I’m experiencing the same issues.