Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing doesn't work when home set to Scheduled

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Terry_M
Aspirant
Aspirant

I love Arlo and it worked fine for me until recent. I use geofencing. Daytime is based on where I am and nighttime is based on schedules. Whenever I set Geofencing to "Away" -> "Armed" and "Home" -> "Scheduled" the Scheduled mode doesn't work. I've tried restarting the base after saving updates and I'm running the latest firmware. I can see that others have experienced the same problem and they temoprary use other software to control Arlo. Is it the official solution?

16 REPLIES 16
Terry_M
Aspirant
Aspirant

Any updates? Arlo support?

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @Terry_M,

Are you experiencing this issue when you try to set it through the web version? And are you using Geofencing with another grant access user?

Terry_M
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,
I will give it a try for using web version. So far I did it through my phone. Yes, I granted my wife access as well but it was from day one.
Terry
Terry_M
Aspirant
Aspirant
Hi,
I will give it a try for using web version. So far I did it through my phone. Yes, I granted my wife access as well but it was from day one.
Terry

Terry_M
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Jessica,

It must be a joke and I reacted to it seriously. When I tried to use web browser to do what you suggested through my phone, it keeps coming back to the Arlo app download. When I tried through my PC, this is what I get.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Geofencing (only accessible via mobile)Manage by using your location

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think this setting can only be applied through app.

Terry_M
Aspirant
Aspirant
This morning when nobody is home, the geofencing still did not get kicked in.
Terry_M
Aspirant
Aspirant
This morning when nobody is home, the geofencing still did not get kicked in.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Sorry that I did not clarify properly. What I actually meant is to try the scheduled mode on the web version to see if it works and then try using Geofencing with scheduled mode through your phone device. 

When you are not at home and you check the Arlo app, could you check on "mode" to see if it shows a geofencing logo, clock logo, and says "monitoring on"?

Terry_M
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Jessica.  When I tried to use Web to log in throuh my phone, here is what I gets.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Oops. You are not allowed to make this request. If this was a mistake, please contact Arlo Support.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

When I am not home, I check Mode, it does show the GeoFenching logo. When I click the logo, it just go into THouse and show me the list of mode I can select with GenFencing is currently selected. I don't see "monitor on".

When it worked, I always see armed/disarmed in the status instead of GeoFenching logo. Currently I am using an Andorid phone.  I will provide screenshot in couple minutes.

Terry_M
Aspirant
Aspirant
Here is the screenshot.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Thanks for providing the screenshot and detailed information. Just to make sure, does the app detect you when you are at home or not? If it doesn't, try to go to your Phone Settings (not app) and turn off the location permission and turn it back on. You can also try reinstalling the app and see if that helps.

If that doesn't work, what I can do is create a case for you so our support team can assist you further. Feel free to let me know if you are still having problems.

Terry_M
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Jessica,

I have done everything you suggested. I am not sure whether schedule will kick in or location will work, but what I noticed are

- As soon as I select GeoFenching, the extensive battery usage warning is on. As soon as I swtich it to Scheduling, the battery usage warning will disappear.

- Memory: average of 51MB of memory used in last 3 hours. Not sure why we need this much of memory. 

I prefer getting a case created. There is something wrong.

Thanks.

Terry

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Alright, I have sent you a private message over to gather more information to create a case for you.

Terry_M
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am still waiting for contact from Arlo.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I have sent you a private message a week ago saying that our development team is aware and investigating the issue regarding Geofencing/schedule mode is not working properly. If you still want our support team to help you further, feel free to let me know and I can create a case for you.

Terry_M
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for reminding me. I overlooked the response in private message.

Thanks.

Terry