Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing does not disarm/not connected to internet msg

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Sista
Aspirant
Aspirant
My geofencing does not disarm when I come home. It only arms when I leave home, but it often fails to disarm when I return home. Why does this happen? I never had any problem with arlo with galaxy s6 but I am having so much problem with arlo pro and galaxy s7.
7 REPLIES 7
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

make sure on the S7 the 'power saving feature" is not shutting down the app or gps.

If either one is off, the cameras will not disarm

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Sista
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thank you TomMac. I checked it with my phone under settings-battery-app power monitor and none of my apps were checked to save power. So I still wonder what is causing it.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
What OS? By default, user installed Android apps all have battery optimization enabled.
Sista
Aspirant
Aspirant

Galaxy S7, Samsung-SM-G930V, Verizon, Android 7.0 is the details of my phone.  thanks.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
I just looked at my Nexus 6 settings. There are only 4 system apps in the Not Optimized category. All others are Optimized. I expect yours is similar. Change Arlo to NOT Optimized to see if there's a difference.
Sista
Aspirant
Aspirant
Galaxy s7 menu does not seem to have "optimized/ not optimized "menu. I could find only the 'app power monitor' and none of the apps were checked to save power. I wonder where you find optimization menu.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Phone settings, Battery, three dot menu at the top, Battery Optimization