Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 7 Likes
  • 8 In Conversation
Technojames
Apprentice
Apprentice

I notice with the latest App update (and website updates) that any mention of the free Basic Subscription is gone.

Can someone confirm that my recordings will continue to be stored in the cloud for 7 days free of charge?

I get an annoying pop-up everytime I try to look at recordings on the App. It says:

"Cloud storage keeps all your clips secure. Activate Arlo Smart subscription today and watch video clips anytime anywhere at your fingertips".

When I click the "Learn More" button there is no mention of the free subscription.

Could someone from Arlo please advise?

8 REPLIES 8
steve_t
Master Master
Master

https://kb.arlo.com/000062164/What-are-the-Arlo-subscription-plans-and-how-much-cloud-recording-is-a...

"If you have an Arlo Wire-Free, Pro, Pro 2, Go, Q, Q Plus, or Arlo Baby camera, you don’t have a ‘paid’ subscription. You currently have and will continue to have all the benefits that were included with the purchase of your camera, including 7-day free cloud storage."

kayexelate
Guide
Guide

Can we get rid of that annoying pop up?

We all know there is enhanced cloud storage that we can pay for if we want

Having me see that pop up every time I open that app is really annoying and makes me less want to purchase additional cloud service. 

JerryR
Luminary
Luminary

Well, that's annoying. I was actually thinking of taking Arlo up on the offer of a free one month trial of the smart plan figuring I could always go bak to the free plan if I wanted.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

kayexelate, you can if you don't add Arlo Ultra cameras

PLopez
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes - please remove the pop-up after it hasd been dismissed.  Having the pop-up every single time I access my clips is more than annoying, it impacts the service experience.  By inserting this constant nag, Arlo is not really maintaining the service in good faith.  I may very well move to a Smart plan when I upgrade my system.  I was planning for that upgrade to be the new Ultras, but by the time I upgrade I may be so angry at these popups that I purtchase anything-but-Arlo instead.

Cwlemarr
Initiate
Initiate

@kayexelate wrote:

Can we get rid of that annoying pop up?

We all know there is enhanced cloud storage that we can pay for if we want

Having me see that pop up every time I open that app is really annoying and makes me less want to purchase additional cloud service. 

I agree. I hate when a company does this. I will  never purchase addition cloud service because of this kind sales tactics.I will also no longer promote their products.

Blackharley1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same here very annoying
Customer support hasn’t a clue
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I don't believe it's actually gone, it's just not displayed as a choice. I'm trying to get clarification. Keep checking for its return.