Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Free Basic Subscription for Arlo Pro

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Stanlum
Follower
Follower

I have an Arlo Pro with 7 cameras. The free basic cloud storage subscription is limited to 3 months.   Does it mean that after 3 months of free basic subscription I will need to upgrade to Premier or Elite Plan in order to continue to use the cloud storage?  Can I use a USB drive to store the videos from all 7 cameras (or 2 of the 7 cameras, 5 using the free basic plan)?

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That's just for free support.  The basic, free plan for video storage remains forever.

The USB drive capability is for any camera attached to the base.  If you want to use >5 cameras, you'll either need to upgrade your subscription or use a second base to spread the cameras out so no more than 5 are on one base.  You'll also need to use a second email address to set up the second base and any associated cameras.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I have an Arlo Pro with 7 cameras. The free basic cloud storage subscription is limited to 3 months.  

No, as mentioned 3 months is tech support... the Storage in the cloud has no limit but is 7 days of ROLLING storage. That means on day 8, day 1 is auto deleted...day 9, day 2 is deleted, etc.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------