Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
GODFATHER1960
Follower
Follower

Since the Sept 2020 firmware 1.16.3.2_3563_6cd3d19  my system is offline tried all the reset procedures and works for only few minutes  . I get alerts on my iPhone app and can see the video recordings but not all of them . Anybody have this issue. Need help please  

9 REPLIES 9
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @GODFATHER1960

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest any prior methods you have previously performed.

Critch
Initiate
Initiate

Received a Firmware update that was Not updating.   I reset the base station to try and get the firmware update to work, and now All of the system is down.  I can not sync my cameras at all.  

MikeHTX
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 4 cameras, and 1 of them crashed as well due to the firmware update.  I initially thought it was a dead battery, but the camera got extremely hot on the front when charging.  When I was able to get the camera online, I received an alert to update the firmware.  That appeared to work, but the camera still gets hot and drains a battery in about 8 hours even though it takes an ordinary amount of video (5-10 clips in a 8 hour period).  I factory reset the camera, and now cannot get it to connect to the base station.  I realize none of this helps your problem, other than to confirm that you're not alone.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

mezron
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine died a couple hours ago too. I saw a notification on my phone that I had some unwatched footage. When I looked I saw both my cameras were offline, and the last recordings were from a couple hours ago. Restarted the base station and when I did that all my devices disappeared. I did a factory reset on the base and reconnected it to my account but can't add the cameras. Looking at the device info it shows the same firmware 1.16.3.2_3563_6cd3d19.

mezron
Aspirant
Aspirant

Got mine going again. I had to take the cameras out of their housing and push the little sync button on the bottom. Then I was able to re-add them to my account/base. I've only had this a week, and have to say if this is something I can look forward to with each firmware release then I'll return this.

Critch
Initiate
Initiate

I chatted with Customer Support.   Removed the base station from my App and then reinstalled.   The cameras synced up and I was good to go.  

mgordon82
Guide
Guide

Same thing has been happening to me within the last week. One camera works and the other shows up, base station recognizes it, but it does not stream. Was picking up movements and recording them but stopped a few days ago. I contacted support and they said the device was faulty with no known reason why. They told me that since it is past the 1 year warranty, they won't even replace it. I believe they are putting out firmware versions to purposely fault the device to stop working to force customers to purchase newer devices. I don't think anything is wrong with the camera besides them having something wrong with the firmware.

They need to fix their firmware and admit they are making the problem worse. I've tried the arlo app, home app in iOS and the arlo website to check if the camera works and all the same issue.

mgordon82
Guide
Guide

absolutely pointless to talk to support. They will try and troubleshoot and then say there is nothing they can do and offer you 30% off a new system or camera. I have already filed a BBB complaint against them. They refuse to acknowledge any problem on their end. They also refuse to send a replacement with promise of a return label so I can send the faulty one back to them for investigation. They know it's a problem on their end and they are refusing to admit to it.