Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Firmare Update Stuck On Arlo Pro

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Borgward57
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, have an issuie with firmware update. Have 2 Arlo Pro Cameras and when recharged battery indication of firmware update available turned up in the App. After recharging the batterry I started update the first camera. Everything went OK.

After starting update on the second camera it just stops in the black screen saying that update is ongoing, have been so for about 5 hours. Battery charged to 100%. No indication on the blue LED. What happens if I open the battery compartment and restart the camera? Will it block totally or can I restart the update process?

Hope for any comments.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Borgward57
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, will test as soon I’m close to the unit, went away for a day or two.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

before opening camera and removing battery ( prob last thnig I would do )... have you restarted the base from the power button ?  ( off then on )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Borgward57
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, will test as soon I’m close to the unit, went away for a day or two.

Borgward57
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, solved the issue 🤗

rminsk
Aspirant
Aspirant

This problem really bit us hard this weekend.  We had some stuff stolen from out house so I went to the Arlo site to check the video recordings.  The one camera that had coverage of the area had "Update your camera's firmware now" and no recordings.  Totally useless.  Looking for a system to replace this.

Borgward57
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry for you, Arlo has some parts to work on.