Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

False alarm triggered on Arlo Pro

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
gusqiu
Aspirant
Aspirant
I had today a lot of false alarms triggered, when I check the footage nothing was there, it's probably triggered by audio though audio detection is not even enabled.
This is annoying I have to disarm the system, I read here few other people also have the same issue, when netgear gonna fix it?
7 REPLIES 7
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Have you tried reducing your camera sensitivity?

gusqiu
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I did(changed from 100 to 80), seems not working for me.

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Perhaps less than 80 is required. Is there anything in the view that could trigger the cameras? I had mine triggered by trees moving in the wind til I turned down the sensitivity to the mid 60s

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

steve_t wrote:

Perhaps less than 80 is required. Is there anything in the view that could trigger the cameras? I had mine triggered by trees moving in the wind til I turned down the sensitivity to the mid 60s

How is that working for you? I never thought that 60% sensitivity would actually pick up any motion, as a matter of fact I doubt anything less than 70% would be the least effective.

Tested one of my cameras with lower sensitivity settings, from around 18' range detection at 95%, it gradually dropped to all the way to 5' at 70%. I would consider that not effective enough, considering a camera may often be located 8' - 9' high, you would pretty much need to walk right under it to be picked up.

Paul

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Paul_FCCL wrote:

steve_t wrote:

How is that working for you? I never thought that 60% sensitivity would actually pick up any motion, as a matter of fact I doubt anything less than 70% would be the least effective.

Tested one of my cameras with lower sensitivity settings, from around 18' range detection at 95%, it gradually dropped to all the way to 5' at 70%. I would consider that not effective enough, considering a camera may often be located 8' - 9' high, you would pretty much need to walk right under it to be picked up.

Paul

Works fine for my set up, which has cross triggering of 2 cameras. The other one that is at right angles to this one runs at 99% sensitivity as it doesn't have trees in the FOV. Most of the time, the 99% one picks up the motion first and gets both cameras recording. When I drive in, the car triggers one or the other. This is in my "Windy" custom mode. Other modes I use regularly have higher sensitivity settings

Paul_FCCL
Prodigy
Prodigy

Steve:

Glad to hear it is working well for you. I see you have a "windy" custom mode......while my fix for similar prob is an "ultra bright day" mode. That helps me reduce false triggers due to bright light flashes at certain times of day. Camera affected has sensitivity dropped to 70% but it records by cross triggered motion from other camera.

Paul

steve_t
Master Master
Master

My 2 main modes run on a schedule. Day mode has less sensitivity as I've also found more false alerts due to bright sunlight and large vehicles passing by but night mode allows higher sensitivity. When it gets windy, I just manually change to windy mode. All the rules are the same for the 3 modes, just varying levels of motion sensitivity