Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

FIX YOUR MEDIA SERVER !

Discussion stats
  • 28 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 10 In Conversation
Arlo-Man
Luminary
Luminary

For The Love of God ! FIX THE SERVER SO I STOP GETTING ERRORS WHEN TRYING TO VIEW MY CAMS !

28 REPLIES 28
ArloProUserHere
Star
Star

I thought that I would boot this back to the top.  The latency issues are why I tell people not to buy the ARLO system.  My wife has given up on it being our front door interface.  By the time you get the app open and the cam going people have left and 10 sec audio delay makes it impossible to hold a conversation.  

I had just left the house today and the alert came.  By the time I got the app up and running and tried to see cameras, I couldn’t chase the guys around the house and back yard fast enough.  Luckily it was just a yard crew.

The solution?  Buy Ring for the front door.  The ARLO I’ll just use for exterior coverage and realize that I won’t be able to actively manage people.  I’ve stopped bringing an iPhone to bed since I have no confidence that if I get an alert at night that I will be able to do anything about it.

Netgear needs to figure out their server issue.  I don’t give a crap if it is cheaper to run in Ireland.   The also needs to set it up so that if you are home and on the same network that you can locally access the cameras and mics.  Having to route a conversation at my front door through the EU is crazy- and doesn’t work.

GdW
Aspirant
Aspirant

Spent two days resetting all the cameras thinking the problem was with the actual cameras.  Upgraded just in case that was it.  Downloaded the newest/greatest Flash Player.  Still...Please wait...then...'There was a problem establishing a connection to the media server.'

Maddening! I will never recommend this system to anyone for any thing.  What is the point of offering LIVE if it never works?  Totally unreliable.  Very disappointed in Netgear.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's working ok here so it may be a local issue. Did you ensure that the browser has Flash enabled? Most (all?) recent browser updates have turned off Flash by default.

GdW
Aspirant
Aspirant

Pretty obvious from the thousands of issues that this isn't working optimally.  I've tried it on IOS, Windows, IE and Chrome.  Every now and again it works but rarely.  We'll just be using this as a backup when we're away for video.  Not a good real-time option.