Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Extreme dip in battery life for Arlo Pro in last 2 weeks. Called support but can't answer.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Tt_
Aspirant
Aspirant

I noticed an extreme dip in battery life for my Arlo pro in the last two weeks. I called to spell with customer service and they keep reading from a script and can’t answer me. I charged my battery yesterday afternoon and by 10pm tonight I am down to 30%. What to do?

3 REPLIES 3
brh
Master
Master

@Tt_,

Are you noticing the camera going ofline? Rapid battery drain is usually caused by the camera being too far away from the base and when the camera loses its connection to the base it will continue to try to reconnect until the battery dies. Try moving the camera close to the base temporarily to see if that fixes the problem.

Brian

Tt_
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey thanks for responding. So the camera is in the same place it has been in proximity to the base for the last 3 months. What I noticed is that it picks up EVERY THING, a car , a bug. So I originally lowered its sensitivity but what is weird is I never increased the sensitivity since I first installed it 3 months ago. So the constant increase in notifications is what seems to be draining the battery... I don’t know but it’s annoying as ever

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tt_ wrote:
 So the constant increase in notifications is what seems to be draining the battery... 

That certainly will drain the battery.

Is the motion recording rate under control now (with your new settings)?