Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Extreme brightness issue with night vision

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Slono
Guide
Guide

My camera seems to have strange issues with the brightness increasing to extreme levels, then fading back to normal levels after a minute. Has anybody else experienced this?

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

could you post an example?

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Slono
Guide
Guide

There have been instances of it happening when only one person has come to the door, wearing nothing but yoga pants and a hoodie with no reflective striping, so I have ruled glare out of the equation already.  I should have saved all the videos, but I realized it wasn't an isolated incident after this recording, which was occurence number 3, in the 2 days of owning it leading up to this.  Not only does it affect the whole picture, it takes almost a whole minute to dissapate.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Slono,

I am by no means an expert but have you tried angling the camera's field of view down more so that the large light at the top of the frame is mostly or completely out of the frame? It seems to me like the camera is having a hard time adjusting from the very present light and the movement of the bodies below. That's just what would occur to me if I ran into the problem.

Good luck,

Dave