Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
clr15522
Tutor
Tutor

I have 3 older cameras that work fine and I received a email stating they will no longer be supported for recording.  I was wondering if you will take a trade in and offer discount pricing for up grading.   I don't really see the need for this policy other then Arlo forcing people to buy new cameras.    I have been very pleased and have recommended the arlo system to a lot of people.   But Ill be looking into other avenues before I buy all new cameras    

Best answers
8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

clr15522,

A discount offer is available, you can find the eligibility details here: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/eol-offer-form.html?cid=a

JamesC

TWang1337
Aspirant
Aspirant

There is no offer for international users.

In Australia, the ACCC and the Australian consumer law states essentially product needs to function as advertised.

in particular, the 7 days of cloud storage which was printed on the box fo Arlo Pro.

BRoche
Guide
Guide

I think it's Arlo's way of saying FU rest of world?

I was about to buy a few new cameras for my setup at Christmas, but due to family loss, I forgot.

I've just started looking when I got the EOL email. So after reading it a few times, I would need to upgrade everything, and throw what I have which works perfectly well, into the bin.

Now looking at either Google, Ring or Eufy cameras.

So long Arlo.

clr15522
Tutor
Tutor

This offer is ridiculous,  I can buy a new system for 400.00  

clr15522
Tutor
Tutor

This is a very good point! 

clr15522
Tutor
Tutor

I agree,    I also heard that Wyze has a camera system as well.    I am so disappointed in Arlo 

BRoche
Guide
Guide

Wyze are not as easy to get in Aus. Heading towards Eufy after weighing everything up.

Cameras, local storage, door bell and no subscription required.

shdowfax
Aspirant
Aspirant

I agree with you.  Arlo has been a great system but does have limitations.  For them to drop the 7-day recording storage basically kills this as an effective monitoring system for remote locations.  You get an alarm but can't see what did it!  Early on I discovered that you can't have more than one system controlled by the same email account and a system is limited 5 cameras.  This made it impossible for me to have an Arlo doorbell as this take 2 camera locations.    Their EOL policy was never disclosed when I bought the systems, and for them to dump this on me now is criminal.  I now find I can't talk to anyone at Arlo about these issues to reach any kind of compromise.