Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
danbourg
Follower
Follower

This is incredibly ridiculous that the Arlo Base has a siren in it.  What good is that?  the siren is to ward off intruders not scare the crap out of everyone in the house by the router and base.  

I just bought it for that reason with ZERO explanation on the box it is only in the Base.  I woud never have bought it.  I am trying to detract coyotes from entering my yard. Siren would be perfect, instead I can talk to them to say "no, no, no dont eat my dogs."

I own Arlo basic, and love them, but Netgear, you guys screwed up bad, and I think you know the package is misleading getting people like me to buy based on the fact that why would there not be a siren on the camera.  

I want to give up my other arlos just because misleading companies piss me off.  

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

danbourg,

Yes, the siren is in the Arlo Pro base station not the cameras. On the packaging contents, it is indicated that the Arlo Pro base station has the built in siren feature. This isn't intended to be misleading.  I apologize for any misunderstanding.

There are discussions on the Arlo Idea Exchange about outdoor siren add-ons that may fit your needs. If you would like to see this as a feature in the future, I encourage you to visit these discussions and offer your support by giving Kudos.

Thank you for your contribution,

JamesC

Tuckz
Initiate
Initiate
I too thought the cameras had sirens... I thought what a perfect feature if an inside camera went off the outside cameras would alert.

All the siren on the base station does is alert an intruder to where the USB storage of them is so they can steal it.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.