Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Do not see 7 days recording in the Cloud

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
rajbhat
Follower
Follower

I have a setup four Arlo Pro cameras for couple of weeks.  I only have Basic plan which keeps 7-days of recording in the cloud.  The cameras have detected motions and triggered alarm several times.  But I do not see any previous recording in the cloud.  Am I correct in assuming that video recording in the cloud is triggered only when a motion is detected?  Does my system needs to be "armed" for this recording in the cloud to trigger?  I do not see any recording from any of my four cameras for past seven days either on my phone or login thru web browser.  What am i doing wrong?

5 REPLIES 5
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Yes, you need to have your system in ARMED mode or a custom recording mode that has rules that say what to do for each camera detecting motion

cdcamp
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an Arlo Wire-Free system and dont know how to access the cloud via the phone app or the computer login. I know how to go to the library to view the recordings when the cameras are activated.

The library only keeps the current week of recordings and I am wondering if the library is also the cloud storage that is talked about? 

Scott2ya
Luminary
Luminary
You are correct. The library is the cloud storage. Make sure you download what you want to keep.
cdcamp
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for that and the advise to back up from there as needed.

Sometimes words used in the IT world can be very confusing!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's pretty simple - some poking around in the interface goes a long way.

View a video and use the Download icon at the bottom. That saves the video on your device to the default location (depends on whether you're on a computer or mobile app). You then can do anything you want with that video, even after the video disappears from your library.