Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Didn’t detect motion during breakin

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
ParkerPotrero
Aspirant
Aspirant
Our restaurant got break-in during night time, we guess, and nothing has been recorded, it was set on a schedule which cover the time of the incident but the camera didn’t catch any motion and didn’t record anything
When we showed up to clean broken glass and check the damage the camera did catch our motion and recorded us but not the thieves activity... very disappointed...
8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Generally I set nighttime sensitivity to a higher setting to help ensure I get recordings. WHat's yours set to? The breaking of the glass may not have set things off - are you sure someone entered and moved around?

ParkerPotrero
Aspirant
Aspirant
it’s set at 90%
and yes we sure someone came inside...
it is just inefficient during night time..
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Would you be willing to post a screenshot of that camera's view for suggestions?

ksss11
Luminary
Luminary

We routinely have no recordings from 11 pm until 4 am most days.  Doesn't matter the weather, any recent updates, etc. All 5 cameras set to 100% all the time.   Unfortunate as my husband works 3rd shift. Just a way of life with Arlo.

silverado44
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

@ParkerPotrero wrote:
it’s set at 90%
and yes we sure someone came inside...
it is just inefficient during night time..

I wouldn't even bother with a schedule just arm the cameras when you leave for the day. It also sounds like you have the schedule set-up wrong. I believe you need to stop armed schedule at 11:59pm and start armed schedule back up at 12:00am for the next day and date. 

ParkerPotrero
Aspirant
Aspirant
so why offering a schedule option if it damages cam?
Also the schedule is set during closing time and is perfectly fit our needs, when it works...

dcfox1
Master
Master

Read his post again. He said how to set up schedule the correct way. Not that it damages it. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@ksss11 wrote:

We routinely have no recordings from 11 pm until 4 am most days.  Doesn't matter the weather, any recent updates, etc. All 5 cameras set to 100% all the time.   Unfortunate as my husband works 3rd shift. Just a way of life with Arlo.

I just wanted a view of what the camera sees. You can use live view and take a snapshot to share. A daytime shot may be easiest to see the layout but a nighttime one could be useful, too.