Did firmware update, didn't move my camera, now I only get B&W

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
BadNewsFrogs
Aspirant
Aspirant

My camera requested a firmware update yesterday, I went ahead and did it. Prior to the update the camera was in color in it's current location. It would switch to night mode normally at night. This camera is outdoors and gets plenty of ambient light durning the day. After the update the camera video is only greyscale, even with night mode turned off in settings. Can this be fixed or can I somehow revert to the previous firmware version so that I can have color again?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Night Vision setting is only to turn the LEDs on or off to provide light at night. It won't change how the camera switches between modes. It may be that the camera is in an area where the light was barely enough to use color but the new firmware changed that threshold. If you provide more light or take the camera to an area with more light does it record in color? You may need to remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and resynce it to see if that helps.

BadNewsFrogs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply, It will be a few weeks before I am able to move the camera or try re-synching it. I like the camera where it is, and didn't have this problem before. Can I rollback the firmware somehow? I don't see how it's not getting enough light... outside... in an unobstructed area... where I can see sunlight shining on the ground and on objects close by in the feed.

Way to "fix" things that weren't broken Arlo. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Rollback isn't possible. Can you post a screenshot of the camera view so we can see the issue? A before and after might be useful.

Apprentice
Apprentice