Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Device offline -constantly dropping. Why??

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
NinaT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Recently bought the Arlo Pro with 3 cameras. 2 cameras are fine - no issue. The third is constantly dropping offline. It’s in the same room as the base. About1 foot away. I notice the battery is draining too in this camera only. It was 100% yesterday. I armed it, went to work, no alerts/recordings etc. It went offline and I went to re-sync this evening and it’s down to 34%
Any ideas?? I’ve only had it 1 week

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Swap at the store or open a case with support:

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

KBrooks
Tutor
Tutor
I've had mine 2 yrs. 5 cameras, pro. Tonight is a first. If I check with my samsung phone ...offline. if I check with my samsung galaxy no problem. I get notifications on my phone but not tablet. It's always something with the app I'm guessing.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you rebooted the tablet and maybe reinstalled the app?

NinaT
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the responses. I’m returning to Amazon. There’s obviously a hardware fault - cannot see why reinstalling the app or restarting my phone will prevent the battery draining in 2 days etc.
MrHaroldFinch
Tutor
Tutor

Same problem here.  Very undependable 

NinaT
Aspirant
Aspirant
I switched the equipment and the replacements work without issue. So was obviously faulty
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Thanks for this. A common problem seems to be folks trying to get faulty equipment to work and not getting it replaced, either by swapping at the store or through a warranty claim.