Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
glmccready
Guide
Guide

Can’t access my camera.  Says offline and didn’t save the last clip.  I’ve reset the Arlo and Smartthings hubs but still doesn’t work.  Anyway to fix this without going up the ladder once again, to pull out the battery.  9DBC8F3D-E9A5-4637-908E-1446DB690D26.pngED16FD6E-5911-4831-B134-E8D1705353A6.png916B87E7-6AD4-45E8-9987-6A46E78CFC22.png Thanks...

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

you can attempt to fix by rebooting the base ( power button off-on )...let it come back online.

If NG, then you don't have much choice other than to access the cameras

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
glmccready
Guide
Guide

Thanks Tom.  Yea, I already did a reset and a power reset, no luck.  Guess I need to get out the ladder...again...what a pain.  Got a lot colder sonce last time, too. At least it is not on my 2nd floor soffet.

Gary

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Coupla things:

- I use a trash grabber to extend my arm length to pull cameras down and put them back up. Not as precise and easy to use as just my arm but it precludes the need for a ladder.

- A 2nd story camera is likely too high for best usage. It will take in far to much scene (130 degrees is VERY wide) and minimizes the chaces for good detection since it's near the edge of the detection range just due to elevation.

glmccready
Guide
Guide

Yea, grabber won't work. Great idea but it is on an outdoor mount and screwed in tight.  I have it under the eves of my garage, about 12 ft up.  I think you are correct, 2nd story would be too high to see much.

glmccready
Guide
Guide

Solution: I had to get out the ladder, climb up, open and close the battery compartment.  It then went offline again about 30 min later?  Fortunately I hadnt put away the ladder yet.  I ended up pulling out the plastic plug, blowing in there and putting it back.  Perhaps some condensation got in, when the weather changed?  Time will tell.

glmccready
Guide
Guide

‎solution....bad battery BUT they won’t replace it, only authorized dealer mess, and because they dragged their feet so much my 30nday return is gone.  They could do the right thing but prefer to hide their incompetence, and greed.

2017-12-29 06:16 AM

Re: Arlo Pro going offline every other day.
Finally arrived at a solution. Bought a new Pro, installed it, worked fine. Brought the old one inside, 3 ft from hub, and it still goes down frequently. Tech support said some batteries were having this problem, and to switch the battery with the new one. I refused, as I’m currently have a relapse of my myasthenia gravis, a neuro muscular disease, and can’t climb a ladder, or even see real well right now. The old one works fine, 5 days in a row, plugged in with NO battery. I asked them to send me a new battery, or unit, but they refused, saying I did not use an authorized dealer, so they will not honor the warranty. I guess if they want to play this game, with me in my current state, (forget the ladder) my only recourse is small claims, with which I am fairly familiar. They failed at support during the return period, chat or phone frequently unavailable, esp the two weeks after Thanksgiving. I waited on chat 45 min twice, never getting through. I even tried phone, but hate to speak when I relapse, as my speach is affected, after I talk for a few minutes. Email attempts produced an error. Having a disabiling illness is a challage enough, and I will not be taken advantage of by someone who will not support a product with a known defect. FYI. Arlo chat...when I finally got through... Hasselle E: “There are cases that the camera keeps on going offline because the battery is defective.”