Detects everything but Humans !!!

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Jaswal
Follower
Follower

I have installed aro pro outside the garage facing yard and the street.

The camera detects and records

► Vehicles which pass on a street about 50 feet from the camera

► Squirrels, cat, etc, running on ground say may be 10 feet from the camera

but it did not detect or record

► Humans coming towards the camera (such as postman, neighbors, etc) in the line of sight

► folks walking on the curb, which is about 30 feet from the camera in the line of sight

I have used various combinations of mounting height, tilt angle, motion sensitivity, etc. while freezing myself in the cold night and days.

The only exception is it record humans when a vehcle pass by camera's line of sight or a noise in the area loud enough to trigger camera's audio detection.

Please help.

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

First, it may be that your trying to cover to large an area with the camera...

The camera detects and records

► Vehicles which pass on a street about 50 feet from the camera

► Squirrels, cat, etc, running on ground say may be 10 feet from the camera

Yes...the camera works with a PIR ( detects IR for motion ) device... which means also reflections of sunlight.  So cars will be detected far out as they are big reflectors and small animal at about 10ft  ( BTW, max for people is about 20ft )

but it did not detect or record

► Humans coming towards the camera (such as postman, neighbors, etc) in the line of sight

► folks walking on the curb, which is about 30 feet from the camera in the line of sight

Yes... it is easier to detect motion accross the field of view as opposed to straight on , so camera placement is important.

As to people 30 ft away... prob not ever as max is stated above.

So, the answer is to ;

1) try to cover less area

2) keep detection for people less than 20ft

3) angle camera down to avoid roadway and false triggers

4) set camera so subjects cross the field of view instead of straight on

Adjust sense level a small amount at a time when doing so

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Drake3287
Luminary
Luminary

I have one of my camera's mounted just like you and it took me awhile to get it just right, or as right as it's going to get. As for people walking straight up my driveway, the camera activates about 25 feet from my garage door. If someone is walking on the sidewalk 35 feet away, but from side to side, it will activate as well as car's driving by.

The camera's activate much better with objects moving from a side to side view vs coming straight on. One option is to have your camera mounted at an angle on your garage so you get more of a side to side activation. 

At this point my camera is still mounted above the middle of my garage and I'm happy enough with getting activations at 25 feet. Playing with the various settings is also the trick as I'm sure you've already learned.