Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Crashing and/or lagging Arlo android app on P20 Pro Android 9.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi.

Ive had this problem a fews years now. Now I'm so sick of it that I have to post here, because I'm tired of paying Premium every year...(dont get me started of price of the products themself) for something that works, 1 out 100 times.

Why cant the Android app be fixed? Ive got 37 cameras and 11 basestations..I'm guessing this is causing some of the problems but still...its unbearable right now.

I have the latest version 2.11.2_26080 (2 december) but the app keep crashing and takes forever to just login/see anything. I'm using a P20 Pro (9.1.0.345/9.1.0 EMUI/Android 9)

If you touch anything, nothing will happen...tho..after maybe 2 minutes Google will prompt "This app has froze - shut down/Wait/Send Feedback".  Its impossible to check what just happened if the cameras been triggered..

WHY?

Model: VMB3000 | Arlo Base Station
Highlighted
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi Bruc3,

Have you tried reinstalling the Arlo app and rebooting your P20 Pro? Is this also happening if you're on WiFi and/or cellular data?

Highlighted
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ive re-installed it and rebooted My phone. Still the same problems.

So lets say my cameras goes off/triggered, when I try to login(with fingerprint) it takes forever to just get in, and at the same time the app crashes.

The iOS-app works but not the Android one.
Highlighted
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I would suggest to contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.