Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
IljaTet
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I planning to buy Arlo pro camera with base station, but i have some doubts concerning if final solution will be suitable, or I need to purchase Arlo pro2.

As I imagine in my had ( it could be only my imagination and will not be best solution), but I want to build system with two camera and local storage – hdd disk what will be connected to Arlo base station. For cameras I need continuous recording ( without any cloud storage), only with local storage on base station external hdd. Can some one please advice if this solution could be done with Arlo pro or pro 2, because all what I found concerning continuous recording pointing only on Clouds storage.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@IljaTet wrote:

I want to build system with two camera and local storage – hdd disk what will be connected to Arlo base station. For cameras I need continuous recording ( without any cloud storage), only with local storage on base station external hdd. Can some one please advice if this solution could be done with Arlo pro or pro 2, 

Today this can't be done with any Arlo camera - they all depend on cloud storage.  A USB drive can be connected to a base station, but that is for backup.  And you can't see the recordings on it from my.arlo.com or the app.  Instead you need to remove the drive, and connect it to a PC.

But Arlo is planning to provide direct access to local storage in their app (and web client) later this year.  They haven't said whether they will support CVR to local storage or not.