Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Configurable Event Period - Single Notification for Multiple Motion Detection

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
orzot
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I have a simple newbie question.

My system setup to send both push and email notifications when any of my cameras detects motion.  The issue is that Arlo is a bit over zealous in blasting me with notifications and spamming me when there is a flurry of activity in a small window of time.  So my question is:  Where is the configuration setting to specify the minimum duration between motion detection events prior to sending a subsequent notification?  It would be acceptable if this setting were per rule or even device, however, ideally it would be per base station.  

Thank you and advance for your response

Tom

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

the setting your looking for isn't.

Pushes come / sent at the start of the trigger event

Emails come/ sent at the trigger event + the lenght of file recording ( sends email when files closes )

So alerts are sent for each trigger, no time adjustment

You could always put this in the request section ; https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Idea-Exchange/idb-p/arlo-idea-exchange

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
orzot
Aspirant
Aspirant

That is very disappointing, it seems like such a natural simple feature.  "Min Time Between Notifications"  

Might it be possible to do this outside of Arlo using IFTTT to coalese the events and send me a single notification per period of time?