Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Combination of Geofencing and Scheduling per camera

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JLohmann
Initiate
Initiate

Hello, I think I have this configured correctly but wanted to see what the experts think.  I have three cameras.  I want all armed when nobody is home.  When someone is home, I want camera 1 disarmed, camera 2 disarmed except from 12am-6am, and camera 3 armed.

I have the mode set to Geofencing with away mode = armed and home mode = schedule. 

I have one schedule set from 12am-6am with custom mode A where cameras 2 and 3 are armed.  Then I have a second schedule set from 6am-12am with custom mode B where only camera 3 is armed.

Sound right?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Sounds right to me. Good stuff!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Sounds right to me. Good stuff!

Pirate312
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm new, so please forgive me if this is a stupid question...did you set that up on the website, or on your mobile App?  I'm trying to do something similar, and I'm finding it to be a bit confusing.

JLohmann
Initiate
Initiate

I used the app.  I don't think you can set up geofencing on the website.  I found the whole process very confusing.  It took a few days of re-reading the manual, reading community posts, and trying different things before I figured it out. 

I also disabled fingerprint login on the app after chatting with tech support because geofencing wasn't working properly.  It was randomly changing to away mode when I was at home and sometimes not changing to home mode when after arriving home.  I'm not sure if that fixed the problem but it seems to be working for now.

Pirate312
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the response. I'll have to read up some more on this.