Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cloud recordings disappeared week of Dec 25 2017

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
PNWCanuk
Aspirant
Aspirant

I had recordings from three cameras accumulating normally over the course of December. I was traveling the week of Dec 25. During my travel week, my cameras stopped recording, and all the recordings in cloud storage completely disappeared. When I returned home, I logged into my account via website and saw my recording settings in the basestation wiped out, and all my recordings wiped out. I basically had to reset all the recording seetings, and see no way to recover the lost recordings.

3 REPLIES 3
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Did you have a USB flash drive attached to your base station? If so, the recordings will all be on there

PNWCanuk
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm a bit shocked, and certainly disappointed, that the recommeded solution to unreliable cloud storage is to attach a physical storage device. Is this Netgear's official recommendation? 

Thanks in advance

steve_t wrote:

Did you have a USB flash drive attached to your base station? If so, the recordings will all be on there

steve_t
Master Master
Master

No. I don't work for Netgear. I'm just a user like you, except they gave me a little badge because I've been helpful to a lot of people for a long time. I'm just suggesting what would have saved your videos. The feature is there if you want to use it and it seems that it would have been useful in your instance.

Given nobody else has reported the same issue as you that I have seen, perhaps it's not Netgear's "unreliable cloud storage" but your ISP's unreliable internet connection or your unreliable modem/router. If the internet connection is lost, having USB backup enabled is the only way you're going to have recordings. If you put the base on a UPS, you could lose internet and power and still get recordings