Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Custom alert sounds for Android/iOS

Really need to customize the notification sound.  For instance, I want to be alerted to motion on some cameras while sleeping, but the notification sound is not enough to do that because it is too brief and I just sleep right through it.  Would be nice to select an mp3, or at least provide some more aggressive options for alerts.  Perhaps even per camera custom sounds, as one can do with ringtones for different contacts.

Comments
oquinnjd
Novice

It would be nice if the iPhone XR would allow me to change the alert sound sent to my phone when my camera's capture movement. 

droller02
Onlooker

Add me to the list.  Definitely need an Arlo notification sound that's different from the text sound.  This would change the iPhone app from a 4 star to 5 star.  Can't be that difficult.

Bikeandhike
Follower

This used to work under the old, soon to be discontinued, app. What kind of product managers, and QA people does this company have when they take away a key feature like being able to customer the sound? 

AM getting disenfranchised with ARLO. They seem not to care about product quality.

Mofish9
Novice
So far my cameras are basically worthless. I need to be able to change my push notification sound/tone for my iPhone. I do not wake up to one little weak tone. Help!!!!!!
mkub339
Aspirant

Please consider an option to allow audible notification using the available options in IOS. When I am away from my phone or out running around I can not hear the Push notification. I do not carry my phone 24/7 but it is near where I am at all times and would be great to hear a notification.

I have the Arlo Ultra.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi mkub339,

You should be receiving sound push notifications when your phone is not silent. Make sure your phone is not on Do Not Disturb or silent.

mkub339
Aspirant
I do get push notifications but the notification sound is not loud enough to hear at a distance. I can hear my phone ringing just fine when someone calls but not the push notification. Would like an option to assign audible alert loud enough to be heard.
Thanks
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

What phone device are you using? You might want to try adjusting the notification alert volume from your phone device.

Bdream
Novice

Hello

I've broken into last night.

Arlo security was on but the alarm on my iPhone was so quiet. I and my husband couldn't get up even my phone was near my pillow.

I have seen same question on internet over 3 years and I contacted customer support, and speaking with him(indian guy, he was so rude) and he was trying ignore my question(How to put a volume up on my iPhone or change ring tone?) and end up hang up on me.

This is not professional.

really disappointed with arlo customer service.

Can anyone answer my question?

How to change my ringtone for notification on my iPhone?

Many thanks

bdream

gipack75
Aspirant
Is there a way to change the sound for notifications on arlo’s pro 2