Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot View Arlo Cameras On Samsung Note 8

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Pang
Aspirant
Aspirant

All of a sudden I can no longer view arlo cameras on Samsung note 8. I had no problems for about 6 months before this. Now it says base station is offline. But I can view from iPhone. On my Samsung note 8 it says it does not support adobe flash player. What do I do to view arlo cameras on Samsung note 8?

9 REPLIES 9
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Pang,

Have you tried to uninstall & re-install the Arlo Mobile App on your Note 8? Do you have any updates for your phone by chance? Also, try rebooting your phone and test again.

Pang
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have uninstalled arlo app on my phone and reinstalled. I have also off and on phone. Still cannot see live view. But can see recording. My wife can see live view from her I phone. Which frustrates me even more.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you viewing this through the Arlo Mobile App or the Web Portal on through your Note 8? You can try clearing your cache as well - Clearing Cache

Pang
Aspirant
Aspirant
I use the arlo app on my Samsung note 8. Never had problem until recently. My wife who has access sent me an email invite. When I click on link it says my phone does not support adobe flash. Is problem relates to adobe flash?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Pang,

Does this issue still exist with the new Arlo Mobile App Version. There was an update over the weekend. Can you verify that you have the new version (Arlo Android Mobile App version 2.6.0) & test again.

Pang
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Shayne,

Yes, the problem continues despite using the new updated app. I tried to view from my MacBook Pro and have the same problem i.e. can view recordings but not live view. In short, I can't get live view from either my Samsung Note 8 or MacBook Pro under my own email account, but my wife to whom i previously granted access, has no problems viewing live from her iphone using her own email account. I am really at a loss as I do not know the reason for this. I did not have any such problem from the first day I installed arlo until recently.

Pang
Aspirant
Aspirant

The message is device appears offline or permanently getting status ......

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Pang,

What firmware version is your base station & cameras running? You can find this under settings > My Devices > Select the Device > Device Info > Firmware

Jphappy
Aspirant
Aspirant
Husband has galaxy note 8 and is having same issue. I called tech support and they said only one email address can be associated with the account and then you can grant access for others to view. I have iPhone and have full access but the galaxy note 8 can not connect to the base for some reason. The latest version for galaxy is 6.2.5_23400. We have exhausted all turn on, turn off, reboots, WiFi connects and it seems to be the arlo app. Any suggestions?