Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Shelleyp
Star
Star

I don't know what's happened, but I can no longer open the Arlo app on my Samsung Galaxy S7 smartphoone.

It seems to be cycling through pages, in a fast loop, and doesn't stop. I had to use Close App to close the app.

Don't you bother testing new features on popular phones?

When I did open again, it shows 'devices' but they're blank. When I click play, it starts the crazy loop again. Basically, the app is completely useless.

5 REPLIES 5
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Uninstall the app and reinstall.... No issues on my S7

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Shelleyp
Star
Star

I've had to do this three times, the last time after I got an alert and couldn't see what was causing the movement.

This is Netgear's crappy programming.

JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Uninstall app at phone not Play Store. Power cycle your phone. After that do a Samsung backup then restore. For good measure turn off Google auto restore for app settings. Now go to Play Store and download the app. Good luck.
Shelleyp
Star
Star

Are you bloody kidding? Is this a joke?

Please, no more 'helpful' advice, such as basically restoring my phone to factory setting because Netgear engineers can't seem to program.

JoeCymru
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Sorry if that was unclear. A Samsung cloud backup and restore is not like a factory reset and only takes a few minutes. It backs up your content and settings then reloads it. Factory reset is much more complex. My suggestion is to backup your apps and content without Arlo. Also to then prevent Google from reloading any of the app settings on your phone. All the other special Arlo settings are not on your phone but with Arlo. I have had success with this during a couple of Arlo app disasters where their fix did not take with a normal uninstall/ reinstall.