Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
tomoko
Tutor
Tutor

For some reason all suddenly, my app on my iPhone doesn’t open but I still get a notification and stuff.

54 REPLIES 54
LaurynS2
Aspirant
Aspirant
My husband can sign on to the app no problem however may app continuously says "signing in" and will never actually sign in
tomoko
Tutor
Tutor
It started doing again today
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There does seem to be a spate of this happening recently but I'd try rebooting the phone and reinstalling the app. You can also use the web client, even with a mobile browser when it's set to use the desktop version of the site.

Stizz
Initiate
Initiate
Still cannot use app. Any ideas ?
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you running Arlo app vs 2.17?

dcfox1
Master
Master

I have  seen on one thread after they signed in to the web portal  and that worked they then went back and they were able sign into the app. Not all had this work but worth a try. 

nlm12
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm also having issues with the login screen just spinning. I can see alerts coming in on the back end and tried to delete and redownload twice. No change. 

iPhone XR

iOS: 13.4.1

Arlo App 2.17

tomoko
Tutor
Tutor
Yes! Everything is updated 🙂 FYI, iPhone updated too...
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @LaurynS2

Is this occurring on an iphone with Arlo app vs 2.17?

LaurynS2
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@tomoko

Are you receiving an error?

tomoko
Tutor
Tutor
On and off yes. The same reaction as last time
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@tomoko

Can you provide the screenshot of this error if you receive it again? 

"there was an error obtaining your library"

tomoko
Tutor
Tutor
I can’t even open... but I did save the log like last time
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@tomoko

Can you send that log in to the email provided last time?

Thank You!

Hoops1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Same issue here on Iphone6. Continuously login screen. Just started last couple days. Downloaded last version and didn’t fix it. Alarms going off and can’t see what’s happening. My wife account is working fine on iPhone 6s
Cacunnin
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am having the same issue of not logging in, stuck on signing in page.
iPhone X 13.4.1
My husband has iPhone 10R and it works fine
Peggy_k
Guide
Guide
Issues with Arlo app not login in. Getting an error and when trying multiple times I click on login and nothing happens! Please help, I tried to delete and reinstall and nothing! I have the latest iOS update 13.5.1
mryffel
Star
Star

Same here.  Cannot log into the app.  I can log into the desktop version no problem.  Either get the null void warning at the top of the screen or oops there was a problem, try again later.   Seems to be an issue with Iphone 11 and the latest update.  Would be nice if Arlo would send out a notice about it.  Considering scrapping my cameras and going with a different brand.  

mryffel
Star
Star

Just an update, if one deletes the app and then restarts the phone, and then reloads the app it will work.  However, that will only work for a few times before the system defaults and goes back to the log in page that wont work.  Seems to be a problem in the app programming.  Something an update would surely fix.  

tomoko
Tutor
Tutor
This is weird but I change the language on my iPhone and it works fine now... if you have some languages you can change, can someone try it?
Cosmo_Lopez
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here, ... with iPad Pro 9.7 iOS 13.5.1 - Arlo app 2.17 stuck on sign in since iOS update-

also tried to change language, but no improvement 😕 

jmq1218
Tutor
Tutor

Reps from Arlo: it's been over a month that this issue has gone unresolved. I purchased Arlo Baby based on its perceived brand name. This is simply shocking customer experience. If you do put customers first, your development teams should be a lot more responsive than that.

BDD
Aspirant
Aspirant

Getting a null message when trying to login with iphone IOS 13.5.1   Have to turn the phone off and reboot the phone to access the Arlo system.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Swatvegas
Aspirant
Aspirant
This is what shows up almost every time I open the app